Friday, December 16, 2011

Rejuvenate the Fonk

"Don't you sweat, don't you shout, rejuvenation's what it's all about."



The Satellite Band provide us with the obligatory LL Cool J-style announcement of reemergence about mid-way through this excellent, I dare say excellent edition of Right On Radio. Now, don't get it twisted I've been showing up at that basement studio dutifully every Monday for the past three years, rocking my peers putting suckers in fear, including the last six months. I'm just appropriating the I'm gonna knock you out brass knuckles sentiment to make this, my first post on this blog in half a year, a triumphant occasion you can rally around.

This is simply a good, thick spread of funk ranging from 50's BB King to late 70s disco funk to modern Daptone gold, all topped of with some sonically and lyrically forward-thinking hip hop. The past, the present and the future all wrapped up in these sixty minutes of community radio. Don't you call this no regular jam. Track list on my tumblr.

Originally aired November 14, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment